12 may - Examination of conscience on agape - 2


4. Corporality: How do I suffer? Do I know how to suffer the suffering of others? ... Am I really a member of the Body of the Lord of which it is said that if a member suffers, all the members suffer together...? Do I model my life, also its bodily aspect, according to a unique love, and for this reason is my love directed in the Lord towards everyone?
5. My home, my dress: (…) How do I dress? Is the place I live in poor and simple without being squalid? Does it simultaneously reflect the clausura and the hospitium, is it both restrained and convivial? Do my neighbours feel welcomed like Christ?
6. Wisdom: Do I find time to reflect on matters of faith and the world, the Church and culture, in the light of divine wisdom? How do I speak? How do I think? Do I try to broaden my cultural formation so that it is not confined to... a series of aids for my ministry?
7. Comunication: How do I keep in touch with others...? Do I isolate myself, or spread myself over an excessive amount of contacts?... Are my writing and my telephone calls, my travels and my invitations all informed by love, by reciprocal fraternity, by my sense of responsibility as a man of the Church?

Klaus Hemmerle
Scelto per gli uomini
Città Nuova, Roma 19952, pp. 198-199