
It is clearly necessary to pray incessantly, with strong and humble faith: “Lord do not trust in me. I however, trust in you.” And in our soul’s anticipation of the love, the compassion, and the tenderness with which Jesus looks at us – because he does not forsake us – we will understand in all their depth the words of the Apostle, “Virtus in infirmitate perficitur” (My power is made perfect in weakness) (2 Cor 12:9). Confiding in the Lord, in spite of our misery – rather because of our misery – we will be faithful to God our Father. His divine power will radiate and will sustain us in our fragility...
If you realise that you cannot manage, for any reason, say to him, abandoning yourself to Him, “Lord, I confide in You, I abandon myself to You, help me in my weakness!”
Full of trust, repeat to him, “Look at me, Jesus, I am a dirty rag; my life experience is sad, I do not deserve to be your son.” Tell him... and tell him over and over again.
Quite soon you will hear his voice, “Ne timeas!” – fear not! Or, “Surge et ambula!” – get up and walk!
Saint Josemaría Escrivá De Balaguer
Tra le braccia del Padre
Marietti, Genova 2000, pp. 19, 46