
I will not bother to tell you that the Lord, at certain times, has granted me many graces. Normally however, I resist them. I follow my own plan, not because it attracts me, but because I have to do it, out of Love.
“But, Father, can we act out a comedy with God? Is that not hypocrisy?” Rest assured, the moment has come for you to act out a human comedy for a divine spectator. Persevere, because the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit contemplate your comedy. Do everything out of love for God, to please him, even if it costs you.
How beautiful it is to be God’s jesters! How good it is to act out this comedy for Love, with sacrifice, without looking for personal satisfaction, in order to please God our Father, who plays with us! Place yourself in front of the Lord and confide in him, “I have no desire to do this particular thing, however I offer it to you.” Then do it for real, even though you believe to be an act.
Blessed comedy! I assure you that this is not hypocrisy, because hypocrites need an audience for their performances.
Saint Josemaría Escrivá De Balaguer
Tra le braccia del Padre
Marietti, Genova 2000, pp. 32-33